Amway is one manufacturer that thoroughly tests its products to verify their performance. Amway employs a team of scientists and engineers dedicated exclusively to water treatment system development. They have tested eSpring™ Systems extensively to verify performance claims.
Ultraviolet Light Technology Performance Claims
- Certified by NSF International under NSF/ANSI Standard 55
- Based on third party testing, eSpring delivers a UV dose of 40 mJ/cm2, which is capable of destroying over 99.99% of waterborne disease-causing bacteria and viruses
System Performance Claims
- The cartridge treats 5000 liters (1,320 gallons) of water or one year
- Convenient, replaceable all-in-one filter and UV lamp cartridge
- More convenient than bottled water
- Easily attaches to most standard kitchen water faucets without special tools or plumbing connections
- System monitor indicates remaining carbon filter and UV lamp life
- Uses exclusive, patented technology.